This dip has had great reviews and gets demolished very quickly whenever I make it.
It tastes delicious when served warm, but if you prefer not to eat it warm or are taking it somewhere to eat, it tastes great cold/room temperature too.
Spinach & White Bean Dip
Takes 10 minutes
Makes ~2 cups’ worth
- 2 x 400g tins cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp miso paste
- 1 tbs tahini
- 3 tbs lemon juice
- 1 cup plant-based milk (Soy works well in this recipe)
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 250g frozen (or fresh cooked) spinach, thawed
- To garnish: Freshly ground black pepper
- To serve: vegetable sticks (cucumber, carrot, capsicum, snow peas, celery), wholemeal crackers (a great healthy option in Australia is Ryvita original crispbread), pita chips (toasted pita bread pieces)
- Preheat oven to 180C (if serving the dip warm).
- Add the beans (but reserve 1/2 cup of them for later on), garlic, miso paste, tahini, lemon juice, plant-based milk and nutritional yeast to a food processor or blender and process/blend until everything is combined and fairly smooth.
- In a large bowl, roughly mash the remaining 1/2 cup beans with a fork. Add the blender mixture and spinach and mix until everything is just combined.
- If serving warm: Transfer dip to an oven-proof dish. Bake in oven for 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle with pepper and serve with vegetables and other dip-worthy food!